Updates from the 55th ASH? – the Annual Meeting of the American Society of Hematology, being held in New Orleans, December 7 – 10, 2013. The annual meeting is the premier hematology meeting in the world.
Geoff Watts interviews several international physicians and discusses the latest developments in research and treatment on hemophilia and how this impact everyday clinical practice. In this program:
Novel Therapeutic Options in Hemophilia.
In this interview, Professor David Lillicrap, MD, FRCPC from the Queen’s University, Kingston ON, Canada, Professor Amy Shapiro, MD from the Indiana Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center (IHTC), Indianapolis, USA, and Professor Margaret Ragni, MD, MPH, from the University of Pittsburgh and Hemophilia Center of Western Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, are discussing:
- What are the limitations to the current hemophilia treatment which has resulted in the search for novel treatment options for hemophilia A and B?
- Which practical hurdles are associated with the current prophylactic regimens for treating hemophilia A?
- What are the potential complications of PCC use?
For more information:
- Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolytic Factors: Poster I (Session 321; Poster). # 1091 The Endothelial Lectin Receptor CLEC4M Internalizes Factor VIII and Von Willebrand Factor Via a Clathrin-Coated Pit-Dependent Mechanism. Swystun LL, Notley C, Georgescu I, James PD, and Lillicrap D, Date: Saturday, December 7, 2013, 5:30 PM-7:30 PM. Location: Hall E (Ernest N. Morial Convention Center);
- Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolytic Factors: Poster II (Session: 321; Poster II) # 2340 Regulation Of Factor VIII Clearance By Mannose-Binding Lectins. Swystun LL, Notley C, Sponagle K, James PD, and Lillicrap D. Date: Sunday, December 8, 2013, 6:30 PM-8:30 PM. Location: Hall E (Ernest N. Morial Convention Center);
- Disorders of Coagulation or Fibrinolysis: von Willebrand Factor–Biology and Pathophysiology (Session 332; Oral). The Complete Type I VWD Cohort Of The Zimmerman Program For The Molecular and Clinical Biology Of VWD – Phenotypic Assignment, Mutation Frequency, and Bleeding Assessment. Montgomery RR, Christopherson P, Bellissimo DB, Cox Gill J, Haberichter SL, Flood VH, Lillicrap D, et al. Date: Monday, December 9, 2013: 10:45 AM. Location: 275-277 (Ernest N. Morial Convention Center);
- Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolytic Factors: Structural Function in Coagulation (Session: 321; Oral) # 454 Platelet-Mediated Mechanical Tensile Force Influences ADAMTS13 Localization and Regulation Of Thrombus Development At The Site Of Platelet Accumulation. Shida Y, Swystun LL, Brown C, Mewburn J, Sponagle K, Danisment O, Riches J, Hough C, and Lillicrap D. Date: Monday, December 9, 2013: 3:30 PM. Location: 265-268 (Ernest N. Morial Convention Center).
Other programs in this series:
- Overall Success In the Treatment of Hemophilia [Video]
These interviews were produced in collaboration with
Copyright ? 2012 InPress Media Group/Sunvalley Communication. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of InPress Media Group/Sunvalley Communication content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of InPress Media Group/Sunvalley Communication. InPress Media Group/Sunvalley Communication shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken in reliance thereon. Onco’Zine and Oncozine are registered trademarks and trademarks of Sunvalley Communication around the world.