Sunvalley Communication is actively seeking a Senior Medical (Education) Strategist. This is an ideal opportunity for a strategic CME Senior Medical Director who is ready to take the next step as a team leader. The right candidate will be assisting the VP Medical Education and the Business Development team in the development and management of needs assessments for use in grant proposals for funding of CME/CE activities across a range of therapeutic areas but a focus on oncology and hematology.
- Identify areas of clinical and educational need for CME programming, develop program agendas, write needs assessments for inclusion in educational grant proposals, fact check highly scientific educational program content, and other medical educational program-related tasks
- Manage timelines and processes for staff and (freelance) medical writers
- Collaborate with the Educational Strategy / Business Development team to achieve business and revenue goals through detailed proposal development and commercial supporter meetings
- Interact with faculty to drive strategy and new business
- Keep abreast of current data, trends, medical writing/regulatory knowledge, developments and important advances in therapeutic areas for which the company focuses its educational programming and proposals for grant funding
- Advanced professional degree (M.S., PharmD, R.N., M.D., Ph.D.) with 9+ years of experience in Medical Education Communications
- 6+ years Medical writing/content development experience outside of oncology/hematology
- Strategic understanding of the role CME has in the overall medical communication plan of pharma grantors
- Ability to analyze major therapeutic areas and determine specific clinical and educational gaps that can be addressed with CME programming
- Excellent standard of written English, and ability to communicate fluently and effectively in English, both in writing and verbally
The right candidate has the ability to work on multiple projects with overlapping timelines. S/he has the ability to assess workload and suggest prioritization to senior staff, demonstrated abilities in collaboration with others and independent thought. Furthermore, s/he has a strong understanding and knowledge of regulations relevant to medical writing and CME guidelines, with:
- Careful attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and other relevant applications
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and grantors
Miscellaneous but Important:
- Occasional travel (20-25%)
- Medical writing/content development and grant development: 6+ years (Required)
- Medical education communications: 9+ years (Required)
- Education: Master’s (Required)
- Work authorization: United States (Required)
If you’re the right candidate, send your resume with cover letter, portfolio/links for review, and salary requirements to:
Sunvalley Communication, LLC, Recruitment, 4960 S. Gilbert Road, Suite 1-286, Chandler, AZ 85249.
We are an equal opportunity employer.