Sunvalley Communication is looking for a well-rounded art director who is hands-on in motion graphics, web design, and print. Our chosen candidate will get to dream up original concepts and design and create solutions for graphic elements used across multiple platforms including print, on-air, online, on social media, and sales. The art director will lead sophisticated, cutting-edge creative projects for our clients and our online publications.
The right candidate has an extensive graphic design vocabulary and experience and be open to and excited by new creative design challenges. Applicants must present their work, possess solid organizational and communication skills coupled with a dedicated team spirit, and have the ability to work under tight deadlines.
If you think you’ve got strong sense of design, then show us what you’ve got.
- Ability to create, develop, produce, and maintain high-end visual elements
- Design, formulate, and determine layout and presentations for Sunvalley Communication online and digital publications, including Onco’Zine, ADC Review | Journal of Antibody-drug Conjugates, digital newsletters, marketing materials, and client campaigns;
- Supervise and direct design department;
- Execute design elements from concept to finished product;
- Collaborate with fellow designers on broad network/corporate initiatives;
- Work efficiently within project schedules, budgets, and resources.
- Work together with editorial content team, copywriters, marketing, and account team to provide creative, strategically sound solutions for in-house products, clients and new business needs;
- Constantly look for new, compelling presentation options;
- Clearly communicate information and direction to other creatives as well as suppliers, freelancers, and editorial staff.
- Participate in client meetings and presentations;
- Attend market research events.
- Work closely with the copy, content, and project management departments to ensure that projects are completed within deadlines;
- Present work in an organized and interesting manner.
- Conceptualize and develop digital communications including websites, newsletters, microsites, assets for mobile-optimized campaigns, targeted emails, and email blasts (with A/B testing), banner advertisements, and social-first communications;
- Meet deadlines in a growing environment with attention to maximizing return on investment within given budget and time-frames.
- Partner with developers and programmers to ensure that designs are functionally and technologically sound while challenging the brand to experiment with (and take risks on) new UX/UI.
- Test and develop new digital design standards (graphic, typographic, motion, etc.) across all channels.
- Demonstrate a strong knowledge to create, develop and manage brand and messaging tools for audiences within the Life Sciences and (bio-) pharmaceutical industry focusing on Oncology and Hematology;
- Manage creative and digital production teams, reviewing and approving all work at key stages of each project;
- Manage change requests expediently and communicate to the necessary team members;
- Identify and grow our roster of external collaborators and creatives;
- Conceptualize and collaborate closely with print and digital content team and the entire creative team to create fully integrated campaigns;
- Effectively present ideas to team members, executives, and clients;
- Determine the best way to represent a concept visually. Articulate vision to artists and develop a mutual artistic approach and style.
- Confer with executives to determine objectives, budget, background information, and presentation approaches, styles, and techniques;
- Research current trends and new technology including printing production techniques, computer software, and design innovations;
- Supervise design staff and independent contractors. Review and approve artwork and other design elements or graphics developed by staff members;
- Present project framework to executive team for evaluation and approval. Make recommendations for artwork and design elements;
- Forecast and plan budgets with the Managing Partner and Executive Team for each project. ·
- Manage accounts, projects, and work within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Take ownership of projects beginning to end.
- Mentor the creative team and lead by example.
What we require:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field (art history, design, architecture, or related field a plus);
- Degree or significant experience in interactive/graphic design, or similar area of study.
- 5+ years print experience.
- 5+ years of relevant agency, and production house experience (Branding, motion graphics, sales promotion, advertising, event marketing, etc.);
- Exceptional understanding of UX/UI design principles and responsive design across all channels including mobile;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work efficiently in a highly collaborative environment while staying on task and within budget constraints;
- Ability to meet hard deadlines and manage multiple projects while still producing high-quality work;
- A positive attitude and love of collaboration in solving creative challenges;
- Strong design portfolio that reflects a deep understanding of interactive design and all the above skills and abilities
- Able to convert digital artwork into functioning web pages and mobile-first experiences;
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision
- High level of strategic and conceptual thinking. Advanced computer skills in After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design
- Advanced understanding of design and contemporary art;
- Ability to prioritize and stay organized
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in managing large-scale projects within budget parameters, with little or no supervision;
- Actively seeking out broader and bigger creative challenges;
- Ability to multitask and juggle more than one project at a time, sometimes under tight deadlines;
- Fundamental understanding of brand positioning and how it drives creative direction;
- The ability to play nice with others! You’ll often work with editors, designers, visual artists, account executives, and writers/producers to bring projects to fruition.
If you’re the right candidate, send your resume with cover letter, portfolio/links for review, and salary requirements to:
Sunvalley Communication, LLC, Recruitment, 4960 S. Gilbert Road, Suite 1-286, Chandler, AZ 85249.
We are an equal opportunity employer.