Sunvalley Communication is looking for a SEO Manager/Strategist responsible for planning, implementing and managing our overall SEO strategy and who is well-versed in all aspects of search marketing.
The right candidate will be responsible for managing client accounts as well as our internal publishing projects (Onco’Zine and ADC Review | Journal of Antibody-drug Conjugates) with an emphasis on developing and execute effective and successful search engine optimization and strategies.
The right candidate will be responsible for creating the overall strategy as outlined in Statement of Work (SOWs) as agreed with our clients or internal publications teams.
This unique, client-facing role requires strong analytical and strategic skills, a passion for data-driven marketing methodologies and techniques, along with other critical skills such as problem-solving and creative-thinking.
- Manage team of SEO Specialists
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to meet organic performance objectives
- Conduct website audits and present findings effectively
- Analyze and make recommendations on elements that impact a website’s ranking including a site’s URL structure, 301-redirect strategy, HTML sitemap, robots.txt file, etc.
- Report on keyword performance, competitive analysis, the share of voice, backlinks, page load speed and provide actionable insights
- Optimize website content, landing pages and paid search copy
- Collect data and report on traffic, rankings and other SEO aspects
- Direct off-page optimization projects (e.g. link-building; internal linking structures)
- Keep abreast of SEO and integrated marketing trends
- Identify new opportunities to drive results and improve performance
- Recommend content ideas and collaborate with stakeholders
- Compile and analyze recurring reports
- Present weekly, monthly and quarterly results to client teams as well as internal (publications) teams
- Monitor and communicate relevant digital media best practices, SEO developments, statistics, trends, and industry strategies
- Develop SEO training and communicate strategies with internal partners
The right candidate has the ability to look beyond SEO optimization and understand the business challenges Sunvalley Communication clients and/or our internal publication teams may face. S/he has the ability to build relationships and engender trust with clients, peers and internal stakeholders and collaborate across the organization, including with social media and pay-per-click (PPC) teams to optimize campaigns, as well as Analytics, Content, Creative and Design teams to solve client needs.
The right candidate will also have the ability to conduct in-depth content gap analyses, competitive and audience analysis, keyword research, and SERP landscape analysis and collaborate on creative assets, based on her/his findings and have the ability to define and present data and results in a digestible, customer-centric / cutomer-friendly and easy to understand format.
- Minimum 4+ years of hands-on experience with search engine optimization
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Superior work ethic, self-starter, eager to consistently meet objectives and take on more responsibility
- High attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience with Moz, Yext, or similar local search platforms
- Experience with BrightEdge or a similar Content Performance Platform
- Experience with Google Search Console and Google Tag Manager, Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables, charts and advanced function)
- Google Analytics and Google Adwords certification is a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to play nice with others! You’ll often work with editors, designers, visual artists, account executives, and writers/producers to bring projects to fruition.
If you’re the right candidate, send your resume with cover letter, portfolio/links for review, and salary requirements to:
Sunvalley Communication, LLC, Recruitment, 4960 S. Gilbert Road, Suite 1-286, Chandler, AZ 85249.
We are an equal opportunity employer.