Sunvalley Communication is looking for a Medical Writer/Senior Medical Writer, who will help support the growth and expansion of the company by assisting in the development of grant proposals for CME/CE educational initiatives and assist in developing the content-related elements of CME/CE-certified educational initiatives focusing on oncology and hematology.
This is a remote position in a highly collaborative team environment. To be considered, the right candidate must have recent, full-time experience in a collaborative environment. The right candidate has content development experience in oncology and hematology (required).
- Keep abreast of current data, trends, medical writing/regulatory knowledge, developments and important advances in the Oncology and Hematology.
- Assist in developing grant proposals by writing educational needs assessments, gap analyses, learning objectives, agendas, and content summaries
- Write and develop newsletters, slide presentations, medical manuscripts, medical education monographs, case-based e-learning activities, and conference coverage, as needed
- Ensure that all ACCME and related regulatory guidelines are implemented where required
- Travel is not extensive but includes travel to attend quarterly corporate team meetings and may occasionally require travel to, and participation in, the onsite execution of educational activities. Travel may also be required to attend medical society and industry meetings, including the annual meetings of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR), the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), the American Society of Hematology (ASH), the San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium (SABCS) and other relevant meetings.
- An advanced degree (e.g., Ph.D., M.S., R.N., M.D., PharmD.) with a deep understanding of oncology and hematology
- Medical Writer: 4-5 years’ prior experience in medical writing for a medical education company, CME experience preferred
- Senior Medical Writer: >6 years’ prior experience in medical writing for a medical education company, CME experience preferred
- Experience writing educational needs assessments, gap analyses, learning objectives, agendas, and content summaries a plus
- Outstanding researching and writing skills
- Able to translate complex scientific information into practical communications
- Deep understanding of AMA style
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal in English)
- Deadline driven, results-oriented, accurate, and analytical
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, with input/guidance from medical affairs team members
- Highly organized
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of development
- Thrives in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Highly results- and service-oriented
- Self-starter and team player
- Calm under pressure
- For-profit Continuing Medical Education (CME): 3 years (Required)
- Experience in writing grant proposals: 2 year (Preferred)
- Experience in writing content for CME/CE initiatives: 2 year (Preferred)
- Deep understanding of oncology and hematology: 2 year (Required)
If you’re the right candidate, send your resume with cover letter, portfolio/links for review, and salary requirements to:
Sunvalley Communication, LLC, Recruitment, 4960 S. Gilbert Road, Suite 1-286, Chandler, AZ 85249.
We are an equal opportunity employer.