The annual congress of the European Society for Medical Oncology (ESMO), is one of the most influential oncology meetings for clinicians, researchers, patient advocates, and healthcare industry representatives from all over the world. This year the annual Congress was held September 9 – 13, 2022 in the Paris Expo Porte de Versailles in Paris, France.
In this episode of the Onco’Zine Brief, Peter Hofland, Ph.D., talks with:
- Eric Vivier DVM, Ph.D, senior vice president and scientific officer of Innate Pharma about anti-cancer drugs designed to harness the power of Natural Killer (NK-) Cells. During the ESMO Congress, the company presented a number of studies discussing the safety and efficacy of lacutamab in patients with relapsed/refractory peripheral T-cell lymphoma that express KIR3DL2 and the design of multi-specific antibodies (ANKET for antigen-specific activation of NK cells).
- Daniel Teper, PharmD, MBA, co-founder, chairperson and Chief Executive Officer of Cytovia Therapeutics, a company developing Precision NK Therapeutics which may revolutionize cancer treatment. During the annual ESMO Congress, the company presented new preclinical data for its GPC3 Flex-NK™ cell engager antibody in combination with natural killer cells.
- Neil H. Bander, MD, Director of Urological Oncology Research at Weill Cornell Medicine and Co-founder of Convergent Therapeutics about prostate cancer. The company is developing a therapeutic platform that is capable of targeting validated and novel cancer antigens, including the first antibodies to specifically target prostate-specific membrane antigen (PSMA).
About The Onco’Zine Brief
The Onco’Zine Brief is distributed in the United States via PRX (Public Radio Exchange). In the United Kingdom and Europe, the program is distributed via UK Health Radio (UKHR). And the program can be downloaded via most podcasts and streaming media services, including iTunes, Spotify, TuneIn, and iHeart Radio.
For more information about The Onco’Zine Brief or how to sponsor or support this public radio broadcast and podcast, download our Media Kit or visit Patreon at https://www.patreon.com/theoncozinebrief to support the program.
To sign up for The Onco’Zine Newsletter (open for residents of the United States only), text the word CANCER to 66866.
- Study of Lacutamab in Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma – NCT04984837
- Safety and Efficacy of Lacutamab in Patients With Relapse Peripheral T-cell Lymphoma That Express KIR3DL2 – NCT05321147
- IPH4102 Alone or in Combination With Chemotherapy in Patients With Advanced T Cell Lymphoma (TELLOMAK) – NCT03902184
Featured image courtesy: © 2022 ESMO. Used with permission.