While a complete overview of canceled meetings is not easily available, a quick review of major medical society’s websites shows the following meetings have been postponed:
- American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) originally scheduled to be held in Denver, Co, March 20-24, 2020. On its website the organizers of the meeting write that in the coming weeks they: “…. will tap into the innovative and agile spirit of this specialty to explore virtual meeting options that deliver world-class education, spotlight dermatology’s innovation, and celebrate the many achievements [they had] had planned to recognize in Denver.
- National Kidney Foundation (NKF) in New Orleans, LA., has converted its 2020 Spring Clinical Meetings (SCM) to a Live-Virtual Meeting to a “live-virtual meeting.” The meeting is scheduled for March 25-29, 2020.
- Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA) has canceled the 6th Decennial International Conference on Healthcare-Associated Infections originally scheduled to be held in Atlanta, Ga., March 26-31, 2020.
- Endocrine Society (ENDO) originally scheduled to be held in San Francisco. It had been scheduled for March 28-31, 2020. On its website, the organizers write that they are working hard in developing virtual options that will allow for the dissemination of the critical science and education.
- Society of Gynecologic Oncology (SGO) originally scheduled to be held in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, March 28-31, 2020. According to the SGO’s website, the organization is “exploring alternatives for delivering the science and education.” The SGO 20/20 meeting would have been the first meeting of the organization outside the United States.
- American College of Physicians Internal Medicine (ACP IM) originally scheduled to be held in Los Angeles, April 23-25, 2020. On its website, the ACP, the largest medical specialty organization in the United States with 159,000 members in more than 145 countries worldwide, writes that the organization recognizes its professional responsibility to consider the safety of its meeting participants by modeling social distancing and not contributing to the spread of the virus through a large public gathering such as its annual scientific meeting.
- Journées Francophones d’Hépato-gastroentérologie et d’Oncologie Digestive (JFHOD) originally scheduled to be held in Paris, France, March 26-29, 2020. now rescheduled to take place in the Palais des Congrès de Paris, Paris, Framce, June 25-28, 2020.
- Royal College of Physicians (RCP) originally scheduled to be held in Birmingham, England, April 23-24, 2020. The meeting is now rescheduled to take place to take place at the same venue, the ICC in Birmingham, January 7-8, 2021.